Welcome to Bug City!
Saturday August 9
11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Garfield Park Nature Center
Garfield Park Reservation • Garfield Heights
Welcome to Bug City!
Mayor Mantis would like to welcome you to the wonderful world of bugs! Experience the citizen’s of Bug City in Garfield Park Reservation crawling or flying around.
Visitors of all ages will be introduced to the cool world of insects. Learn what insects do, why we need them, and even what they taste like! Enjoy edible insect recipes and demonstrations, or take a look at the exhibits of bugs from Ohio to Africa. Stop by the “Mealworm 500” to watch the mealworms race to the finish line. Visitors can enjoy live entertainment, crafts, games, a kids’ train ride (for a nominal fee), bug hunts, and much, much more. Then, kids can receive a key to Bug City for all their discoveries!
Buzz over to the B&B District to view a variety of bees & butterflies exhibits. Also, ‘Bee’ sure to pickup a Bug City Times newspaper to get the latest scoop on Bug City.
Children can obtain passports to be stamped at a variety of learning activity stations on their Bug City tour. After filling their passports, kids can receive their key to Bug City.
‘Bee’ a part of the fun in Bug City!
Garfield Park Nature Center is located off Mill Creek lane, off the Broadway Avenue entrance of garfield park reservation in Garfield Heights – north of the I-480/Broadway Avenue exit.
For more information, call 216-341-3152.
Bug City Pins for Sale and Trading
Visitors can buy and trade pins at the Pin Trading Tent in Bug City. Pins will be $4 each and the pins for sale are Mayor Mantis, Bug City, Bug City Mealworm 500 and new for 2008 Lucille Bug.
Calling All Kids 12 and Under!
Color in the Bug City coloring page and the two coupons attached to Bug City and redeem one coupon for a chance at a set of Bug City pins and the other coupon for a FREE bag of gummy worms from VGS!
Girl Scouts will be selling:
Ice Cream (Good Humor) $1.50
Chips (Shearer's) $0.75
Gourmet Cookies $0.75
Assorted Cold Beverages (Coke Products) $1
Refreshments for sale by
Hot Dog All Beef $2.25
Veggie Burger $3
BBQ Beef Sandwich $3
Hot Chocolate $1
Canned Pop $1
Bottled Water $2
Hot Dog, Chips, Can Pop $3.50
Hamburger, Chips, Can Pop $3.75
Cheeseburger, Chips, Can Pop $4
Veggie Burger, Chips, Can Pop $4
BBQ Sandwich, Chips, Can Pop $4
Comments from past visitors:
* BugFest was very well run and organized. I took my 10 and 8 year olds and they loved it and look forward to going this year. The take home crafts and little prizes were something they can keep to remember the event.
* My daughter is afraid of bugs and I thought this event was very helpful. Many of the activities were geared for a younger audience and she seemed a little embarrassed though she and I found the event informative and fun. Best part – eating bugs!
* We love BugFest. My boys 3 & 5 years old love dressing in costume (a spider and butterfly). They really enjoy learning about the bugs and I am thrilled for the educational value.
* Thank you for having a FREE family event.
* My ten-year old son told me that when he has children, he will take them to BugFest. I sincerely hope that the event will still be around for him to do so.
Proud Supporter of Cleveland Metroparks - Marriott
For discounted room rates at the event – log onto http://cwp.marriott.com/clecw/clevelandmetroparks/
View All Featured