Subscribe to our weekly email list
CALL FOR ART-- OFF THE WALL details below and at our website, clevelandprintroom.com.
2017 Members Showcase: Off The Wall
The Cleveland Print Room is seeking member submissions for our 2017 Members Showcase: Off The Wall, December 1 - December 16, highlighting the work of the valued members of our organization.
This show is open exclusively to current members of the Cleveland Print Room. This is a free, non-juried exhibition to showcase our members’ work.
All members may submit up to two original photographic works for this exhibition. Non-members who are interested in participating in the Members Showcase may join at our standard membership rates (Individual: $35; Student: $20; Individual+one: $50; Family: $75; Friend of CPR: $100; CPR Sponsor: $250) when dropping off work for the show.
“OFF THE WALL”
The show title explains the manner in which the work will be sold during the exhibit. Each member is asked to submit one or two photographic pieces. At least one will be hung and when one work sells, the second piece will be added to the gallery walls for sale. The weekend of the opening is the ArtCraft Building Holiday Sale. During this once-a-year event, we open our doors at the Print Room to over one thousand art patrons hoping to find that special piece for the holidays. Thus, we will be selling members’ work directly off the walls.
Drop-off of Work: Thursday November 16 through Saturday November 18, and Tuesday November 21 between 12:00 and 6:00 p.m. (12:00 to 5:00pm on Saturday).
Exhibition Dates: December 1 - December 16, 2017
Opening Night Reception: Friday December 1, 2017, 5-9 p.m.
Pick up work: Saturday December 17, 2017, 12 to 5 p.m. OR on Tuesday, January 9, or Wednesday, January 10, 2017, 12 to 6pm or Thursday, January 11, 2018, 3 to 8pm. ALL WORK MUST BE PICKED UP BY
JANUARY 11, 2018. Cleveland Print Room will not be responsible for any work left after that date.
All current members of the Cleveland Print Room are eligible to submit two original photographs for this exhibition.
• Work must be delivered during the above-listed dates
• Please complete Members Showcase Entry Forms, or fill one out at time of drop-off.
• One half of the form must be attached to your work and the other handed to the CPR representative upon drop-off.
• Each entrant must sign & date a CPR Artist’s Agreement form.
• Participants may join or renew upon drop-off if they do not have a current membership and will be allowed at that time to submit their work for this exhibition. Please be prepared to complete a membership form and provide a check or credit card information for membership fee if this is the case.
• Entry forms for this exhibition can be found here:
An exhibition agreement must also be signed, which can be found here:
WORKS ACCEPTED FOR EXHIBITION:
Work accepted for exhibition must meet the following criteria:
• Have been created within the last 5 years.
• All works must be properly framed and securely wired, ready for hanging via wire. Please also submit your work in some kind of protective enclosure – for example, bubblewrap or brown wrapping paper.
• Cannot exceed 24” x 24” including framing and mounting.
• Be clearly labeled with a completed and attached Members Showcase Entry Form.
• Preferably be for sale. CPR will retain 30% commission from works sold. Artists’ checks will be mailed within 30 days after the exhibition closes.
• Must arrive no later than 6 p.m. on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Please contact Shari with any issues about these requirements.
Decisions made by CPR concerning eligibility are final. CPR reserves the right to refuse any artwork due to content, any work it considers too fragile or heavy to exhibit, or that has extraordinary installation requirements. Prior to submission, please address eligibility questions to [email protected]
PICKUP OF ARTWORK AFTER EXHIBIT:
• Unsold work must be picked up on Saturday December 17, 2017, 12 to 5 p.m. OR on Tuesday, January 9, or Wednesday, January 10, 2017, 12 to 6pm.
• All works not retrieved by December 22 are subject to disposal at the discretion of CPR including public auction or donation.
If you have any questions or need further assistance please contact Shari at [email protected]
If you are unsure about the status of your membership or if you have any questions about the benefits of CPR membership or joining, again please contact Shari at [email protected]
View More Events
© 2003-2018 Plugged In Cleveland